A well-equipped equestrian property with a 4-bed farmhouse, extensive outbuildings and circa 79 acres.
- A spacious farmhouse with extensive gardens.
- GF: kitchen, utility and laundry room, office, living room, dining room, hallway and WC.
- FF: 4 double bedrooms with family bathroom.
- Various agricultural and purpose-built equestrian buildings.
- Up to 40 stables, tack rooms, offices, workshop, rug and wash areas.
- Two outdoor arenas, both floodlit.
- Two substantial high spec former poultry units, ideal for conversion to various uses.
- Good access to Chester and surrounding road networks.
- Standing in 79 acres of land.
Approximate distances (miles):
Mickle Trafford 1m | Chester 5m | Tarvin 6m | Tarporley 10m | Liverpool 24m | Northwich 21m | Manchester 40m | Manchester Airport 30m
Holme Farm is located off Plemstall lane, down a choice of two private driveways. Plemstall lane continues to Mickle Trafford and the A56, linking Chester to Helsby.
The local village of Mickle Trafford caters for most day-to-day needs with a village shop and post
office. The village also boasts a church, primary school, sports and social club as well as a village pub.
The heritage City of Chester is a short drive away, with Roman and Tudor origins, it has a fantastic array of shops, notable schools including Kings School, Queens School, Abbeygate College, an expanding university and sporting facilities.
The property is within daily commuting distance of Manchester and Liverpool via M53 & M56. Chester and Crewe mainline train stations offers excellent services to London, Liverpool and Manchester.
Local equestrian attractions include Horse Racing at Chester, Haydock and Bangor on Dee; hunting with the Cheshire and Wynnstay Hounds; polo at Cheshire Polo Club in Little Budworth; Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre, show-jumping at Southview, Broxton Hall Gallops. The local area is outriding heaven, with quiet country roads and cross-country courses nearby.
There are several golf courses locally at Sandfield and Vicars Cross being the closest. There are plenty sports facilities in Chester and the surrounding areas, including Chester Rugby and Football clubs.
Holme Farm Farmhouse is an impressive brick-built building under a slate roof. The property sits in the centre of the holding with open countryside surrounding. The driveway leads from Plemstall Lane and arrives at the front of the property.
The front door leads into the kitchen, which has a variety of ground and wall mount units and a Rayburn. Off the kitchen is a large utility with a shower room and office beyond. To the rear of the property is a good-sized sitting room and dining room, both with working fireplaces and excellent views onto the garden and countryside beyond. The hallway splitting these rooms has a double door leading onto the garden.
The first floor comprises four double bedrooms, with a family bathroom. The majority of rooms have double aspect windows and great views. The family bathroom has a bath and stand-alone shower.
There are extensive former agricultural buildings forming part of a professional show jumping and livery business. These buildings are easily adaptable to a range of uses, whether equestrian, agricultural or other commercial uses, subject to the relevant planning permissions. There are 40 stables in total throughout the various buildings.
A summary of the facilities is as follows:
- Brick built building forming the heart of the livery business and housing the offices, kitchen, workshops, rug and tack rooms and 4 stables.
- Open sided, steel portal framed building for storage.
- Large steel portal framed building, which houses the majority of stables, being 24 in total, along with 2 tack rooms.
- A steel built lean-to, adjoining the building above, which houses 8 further stables and tack room.
- Timber built building housing 10 stables.
- 20m x 40m outdoor arena with sand/rubber surface and floodlights.
- 40m x 45m outdoor arena with sand surface and floodlights.
- 4-bay horse walker.
- There are two substantial former poultry units which are ideal for loose housing and storage. These buildings have potential for further commercial uses subject to the required planning permissions.
The land equates to approx. 79.39 acres in total. The land is all fenced with post and rail and/or electric fencing. Water is available across the land and it is registered for the Basic Payment Scheme.
Mains electricity & water Private drainage via septic tank Oil central heating
Strictly by prior appointment with the agents Jackson Property on 01948 666695 or 01743 709249.
JACKSON PROPERTY for themselves and the vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that these particulars, although believed to be correct, do not constitute any part of an offer of contract, that all statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and that they do not make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property. An intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars. The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order, or fit for their purpose, neither has the agent checked legal documents to verify the freehold/leasehold status of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.
Sign up and keep up-to-date with our latest properties via email.
Book a Free Valuation
Please fill in your details and we will call you back to make arrangements.
Arrange a Viewing
Fill in your details and we will call you back to arrange a suitable viewing time.
*All fields are required
Make an Enquiry
Please fill in your details and we will call you back to discuss your interest.