*Approximate distances (miles)*
Ruthin 3m | Mold 13m | A55 Expressway 16m | Wrexham 17m | Chester 26m | Liverpool 43m | Manchester Airport 55m
The property stands in an elevated position with a splendid east facing aspect and extensive panoramic views over the Vale of Clwyd to the Clwydian Mountain Range. Located off a minor country lane which leads to the hamlet of Graigadwywynt. The market town of Ruthin is also just three miles to the north, where there is an excellent range of local amenities and good road links to Mold 13 miles and Chester 26 miles from Eyarth Hall.
The greater part of an outstanding Grade II Listed Elizabethan country house, set in 3.5 acres, which provides great privacy within a lovely rural setting. In brief it comprises: entrance vestibule, reception hall, inner hall with a fine staircase, two reception rooms, fitted kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, first-floor split level landing, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, second-floor having two bedrooms and further store room. The property has a private sweeping driveway with delightful well stocked gardens, original Elizabethan terracing, lovely mature orchard, part stone-built storage outhouse and adjoining field.
The hall has been sub-divided by the current owners. The vertical division is affected by a single, thick wall from the ground floor to the roof. Combined with the slope of the garden, the property gains exceptional privacy from the rear property which comprises Lot 2 Eyarth Old Hall (further details are available on request). The electrics and plumbing have all been split accordingly to create a wonderful family home.
The house is in part stone, half timbered with some rendered elevations beneath a slate roof. Internally there is some fine timber work with exposed beams and paneling, plus several date plaques and a wig cupboard.
Eyarth Hall is believed to date from the late 16th century with origins as far back as 1100. Archaelogia Cambrionis tells us the Hall was once owned by the Lord of Chirk. Rice Williams, who built Eyarth Hall in 1593, was the personal assistant of Gabriel Goodman, who was the 5th Dean of Westminster Abbey during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. Thereafter, the property was owned by the Wynne family and then by James Goodrich in the late 1870s, who was High Sheriff of Denbighshire. Prior to the current ownership, the Clarke family who founded the Youth Hostel Association were resident.
*The accommodation comprises*
At ground-floor level, the property is entered via the porch with twin glazed doors leading in through the original oak studded door. Entering into the reception hall with part oak paneling, original unique features including the family crest and wig cupboard (which could readily be converted to provide a downstairs cloakroom and w.c.). The ornate, carved oak fireplace surround with a date plaque 1599, delft tiles and an open fire grate, provides an impressive welcome to Eyarth Hall. The inner hall has continued herringbone, wood block floor, leading to a rear glazed door opening to the garden. An impressive, wide staircase with heavy turned newels, barley twist spindles and a cupboard beneath, leads to the first-floor. The property also has a recently installed Worcester Bosch oil fired boiler.
The dining room and drawing room both benefit from large bay French windows with original working shutters. Both rooms also have access onto the patio and gardens beyond, enjoying the extensive panoramic views over the Vale of Clwyd to the Clwydian Mountain Range.
The kitchen/breakfast room incorporates a large sash window with southerly aspect overlooking the garden and benefits from an electric four-oven AGA, solid oak paneled units having several fitted compliances.
Stairs from the inner hall lead to a very spacious landing, bearing the Wynne plaque dated 1606 with access to four light and spacious bedrooms, two of which incorporate en-suite facilities. There is also a cloakroom off the landing with wash basin & w.c., which completes the first-floor level. Two further bedrooms and storeroom are found on the second-floor.
Eyarth Hall and a few neighboring properties are approached over a long private drive, which will remain in the ownership of Eyarth Hall with a shared maintenance agreement. Thereafter, the drive divides off into a private tarmacadam entrance drive, leading directly to the northern elevation of the hall with a large turning and parking sweep.
*Gardens and grounds*
The principal gardens lie to the southern elevation of the house, where there is a wide lawn adjoining the original Elizabethan terrace with rockery, sun dial and graveled path and a further lawn. Steps lead down to a lower terrace, which is the remains of the old coaching drive and is planted with many shrubs and spring bulbs.
To the end of the garden, a recently extended building provides a substantial store being of part stone and block construction with a tiled roof having internal measurements of 3.1m x 6.7m. There is a large area to both the front and rear of this building with scope for a variety of uses.
The adjoining land extends below and along the front of the main residence and contains a small pond and an old stone arched well. The water bore hole is also located within this area of land, providing the property with an ample supply of water all year round.
There is the possibility of purchasing an adjoining parcel of woodland and two further paddocks by separate negotiation, details of which are available on inspection.
Shared private water supply from a bore hole
Private drainage system
Oil fired central heating
Post Code: LL15 2EL
From Ruthin take the A494 Corwen road for about 2 miles turning left signposted Llanfair DC. Pass over the bridge and 100 yds down to the crossroads and turn right. Proceed for just over half a mile and the drive to Eyarth Hall will be found on the right-hand side between large stone gate posts by an entrance lodge. Proceed up the drive and take the first left into the drive to the house leading up to the Hall with a large tarmacadamed forecourt.
Included for identification purposes only, not to scale.
Viewing: Strictly by prior appointment with Jackson Property on 01743 709249.
JACKSON PROPERTY for themselves and the vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that these particulars, although believed to be correct, do not constitute any part of an offer of contract, that all statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and that they do not make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property. An intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars. The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order, or fit for their purpose, neither has the agent checked legal documents to verify the freehold/leasehold status of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.