An Outstanding Equestrian Estate in North Shropshire.
Extensive accom. inc. 4 Bed period detached house, 5 Bed house & 4 × 1 Bed Flats.
5 Bed detached house, 3 Bed house. Office Block with 7 Offices, Reception, Kitchen and Boardroom.
6f all weather gallop, 3f circular canter, 60m x 30m Manege, Lunge ring.
Range of outbuildings inc. 3 yards, 64 stables (scope for more), Hay Barns, 2 x Tack rooms, Feed store.
14 Horse covered Walker, Staff room, Wash bays & box, Loading Ramp.
- Currently run as “Going Concern”; Full Tenancy / Rental Schedule & Income on application.
- In all approx. 73 acres (97.98Ha), Arable & Grassland, extensive P & R paddocks
- 73.00 Acres
- Paddock / Land
- Tack Room
- Horsebox Parking
- Ancillary Accommodation
- Horse Walker
Market Drayton 4m | Shrewsbury 16.5m | Chester 32m | M6 (J15) 17.7m | Birmingham 45m | Stafford Train Station 23m | Manchester 58m | London 158m
• Helshaw Grange sits in the unspoilt countryside of rural North Shropshire and is approached via a long front drive off Warrant Road. The drive sweeps through the fields and towards the estate passing Helshaw Lodge on your right and then the Lower, Middle and Upper Yards on your left until you reach Helshaw Grange, with the office block beyond.
• The historic County Towns of Shrewsbury, Chester and Stafford, with their magnificent Tudor shopping centres, lie within easy reach and provide good recreational, entertainment and business facilities. There are many fine schools within easy reach, including excellent village schools, the major preparatory and public schools of Old Hall, Prestfelde and The White House, two outstanding grammar schools at Newport, Wrekin College and the Shrewsbury Schools.
• Train services are available at Stafford, Shrewsbury and Crewe with links to Chester, Wolverhampton and Birmingham. There is also a direct service to London Euston from Stafford and Crewe (from 1hr 34min) as well as a link to London Marylebone from Telford.
• Communications are excellent with the A41 providing access to the M54 and M6 which acts as a central link to the national motorway network. International Airports at Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and East Midlands are all within reasonable motoring distance.
Accommodation (Numbering refers to the Site Plan)
1. HELSHAW GRANGE
Helshaw Grange is an impressive Victorian farmhouse offering generous accommodation and spacious rooms surrounded by pretty gardens and views over the land. The property sits well in the centre of the estate however the Grange retains a secluded and private feel. There are four double bedrooms (one currently used as an office), four bathrooms, a large kitchen/breakfast room, a sitting room, drawing room, dining room and a useful attached brick store/garage. Helshaw Grange has a separate drive off the main drive in the estate marked by a brick wall and a mature beech tree. The gravel drive sweeps towards the house and a large parking area.
2. GRANGE COURT
Developed in 2000 Grange Court consists of four flats and a larger five bedroom house with four bathrooms. Grange Court House also has a private garden with a decking area and stunning views across the fields. Both the house and the flats have been finished to an excellent standard.
3. THE POND HOUSE
The Pond House is a three-bedroom one-bathroom cottage adjoining the upper yard. The cottage is restricted to the Grange and has views over paddocks and towards the large pond adjoining which is a charming stone log store/storeroom.
4. HELSHAW LODGE
Helshaw Lodge is the first property you come to on the right hand side of the long drive. The property has five bedrooms, a conservatory to the rear, and sits well in its garden with views over the fields.
5. HELSHAW OFFICES
Helshaw office block consists of six good-sized offices, a boardroom, storeroom, reception and on the first floor a kitchen and a further office.
6. OUTDOOR MANEGE
60m x 30m, secure wooden perimeter fence. “Cushion Track” surface by Equestrian Surfaces
7. TOP YARD
Having 16 traditional brick built boxes around the large central lawn.
8. MIDDLE YARD
Middle Yard – an American Barn with 30 internal loose boxes
9. LOWER YARD
14 loose boxes.
A 6 furlong straight, inclining all weather gallop with a “Cushion Track” surface by Equestrian Surfaces.
3 furlong, flat canter circle. The all weather surface being a mix of sand, rubber & fibre.
INDOOR LUNGE RING
“Cushion Track” surface by Equestrian Surfaces
10. HORSE WALKER
An “Equi-gym” 14 Horse covered Horse Walker.
NB – Vendors have a lapsed planning consent for a further 20box yard. Multiple options for further stabling if required.
In all about 73 acres of pastureland surrounding the property. The fields are of good size, predominantly well fenced, many have electric fence subdivisions and access to water.
Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
Oil fired central heating.
Helshaw Grange – Band G
Grange Court – Band E
Four flats (used as three) – all Band A
Helshaw Lodge – Band G
The Pond House – Band B
Local Authority Shropshire County Council: 0345 678 9000.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those items known as fixtures and fittings will be included in the sale. Certain items such as garden ornaments, carpets and curtains may be available by separate negotiation.
Wayleaves, Rights of way and Easements
The property will be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and rights of way, whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
a) Please note a footpath runs across one of the fields in the north eastern corner and meets the drive beyond Helsaw Lodge.
b) There is an existing Right of Way over the first section of the drive & via the Green line on the land plan giving agricultural vehicular access to the neighbouring farmer.
c) Helshaw Grange has retained access across the tracks coloured yellow on the land plan.
From Shrewsbury take the A53 northeast to Market Drayton. Pass through Shawbury and continue towards Hodnet. At the roundabout joining the A442 go straight over and take the next right turn signed to Stoke upon Tern. Follow the road into the village, pass St Peters Church, and take the first available left onto Warrant Road. After 1.2 miles the entrance gates to the property will be found on the left hand side between two large oak trees.
JACKSON PROPERTY for themselves and the vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that these particulars, although believed to be correct, do not constitute any part of an offer of contract, that all statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and that they do not make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property. An intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars. The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order, or fit for their purpose, neither has the agent checked legal documents to verify the freehold/leasehold status of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.